пятница, 9 января 2015 г.

January, 9 - 1984

You’re locked in a room with your greatest fear. Describe what’s in the room.

The title of this post is the same as one of my favourite books which touches upon the topic of fear. The fear that finally conquered and broke a man.

We may endlessly talk about what our fears do to us and how they sometimes even help us to grow and change. Still that's simple - we all are afraid of something, and sometimes the nature of our fears is absolutely unexplainable.

When I'm asked about what I'm afraid of, the first thing that comes to my mind is snakes. But that in no way means that I would be locked in a room with them.

Rather...

If I were left in a room with my darkest fear, I would be... left alone.

That's true.

In fact, my biggest fear is being left alone. Or rather let myself stay alone. I'm absolutely sure that every lonely man has to blame himself for that and no one else.

When I hear my closest people talking about their death or something connected with this, my guts shiver inside, I wanna shut my ears and run to the end of the earth. When I quarrel with someone or I don't hear a single word from a distant friend, I'm terrified at the very thought that some words may be the last we ever told each other.

That's why I sometimes cry thinking that there is no man for me in the whole world. It's not the matter of that everybody wants to be loved; on the contrary, sometimes I feel pathetic when I think there is no one who I could give my love to, who could receive it.

At the same time I realise I won't die if I were alone. But I guess such life can make anyone want to kill himself. People need people, and you cannot do anything about it. People need people and people have to be with people. Not with animals, computers or books, We need us in the first place.

Paraphrasing one of my favourite characters, if people valued other people more than gold and all that stuff, it would be a merrier world.

And I'll try to make it merrier, at least for myself, so that my biggest fear will never become reality. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий