воскресенье, 4 января 2015 г.

January, 4 - Quote me

Do you have a favorite quote that you return to again and again? What is it, and why does it move you?

Oh, yes. I surely have a favourite quote which I don't use so much concerning myself as concerning other people, and I won't write about it. I'll write something different instead, a quote that must become the most inspiring for me for many years.

Я не думаю, я фантазирую. Я живу в мире Питера Пэна. Если ты не умеешь фантазировать, то ты не умеешь летать. А в мире Питера Пэна если ты не умеешь летать, то ты чмо.(c)

It's a pity I don't know the author, but I guess he had realised something important even if these words may seem absolutely stupid to someone. 

When you come to think of it, it seems like having your own world and your own fantasies is an unaffordable luxury for some. Most of the people are brought up in a way that it is considered as something pretty shameful to dream of something unreal, believe in stuff which is hardly ever going to happen and think of things that never were and never will be. As if people are born with wings carrying them anywhere in their minds, but when, say, one comes of age, special services cut these wings off and instead they give you new dreams - being serious and respected, thinking what everybody else thinks, believing only in material things and setting the dates of getting married, buying your first car and planning annual holidays to one and the same country which is of course boring, but popular and cheap. 

I'm 23, I have a job, a salary which is not bad, I'm not married, and you know what? I don't want to live THAT way. 

I want to dream and to make my dreams come true. I want to believe in fairy-tales and respect people who create them because I want to make one myself someday. I want to find a person who can also dream on the same scale or even bigger, and I want to have his kids who will also learn how to dream. I will teach them that it's the coolest thing ever - to have your own private world, with dragons, white rabbits and superheroes, and it's very important to keep and carry this world with you through your whole life, Because it's surely something that makes you happier and inspires you, and only a person who has inspiration inside, can inspire other people. 

And I think now I know why Peter Pan never grew up and, consequently, old. Because he never stopped dreaming. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий