вторник, 6 января 2015 г.

January, 6 - My favourite

What’s the most time you’ve ever spent apart from your favorite person? Tell us about it.

If you ask me, being apart from someone is one of the most dully-painful feelings one can experience. It starts suddenly - with some hint, a song or even a sound, something like a distant memory - and then you feel like you could give up so much for seeing someone you miss. And no matter how often you keep reminding yourself that awaiting makes the moment of meeting even sweeter, there's nothing you can do right here and right now. It sucks, man. It just sucks.

There were times people were far from me, and there were times when I was far from the people. The latter reminds me of my trip to the US when I had to spend almost four months an ocean away from my family, and even though I had my friends with me, and at first I didn't feel homesick at all, at some moments it became almost unbearable. I'm attached to my family, even if I can spend evenings without entering my parents' room, I often lack their presence while travelling, without having them by my side and sharing everything I see with them.

However, there was one moment when I realised, what is it - to miss someone so dear to you - for the first time. My closest friend at the time, Marie, had to spend a year on an exchange programme, in the USA, and I had to wait her for this whole year in our hometown. This was the first time I understood how it is - to have NO appetite at all. (And let's make it clear - I never lose appetite, even when I'm depressed or in love.) This was also the first time I understood that it's important to talk to people who are not your best friends because it could be of great use when your friend is away. I also realised that written messages can never replace a person of flesh and blood sitting next to you, his/her words and intonations, emotions and feelings. It is just not the same, no matter how hard you try.

Looking back, I guess it is a true miracle that when we met after a year (by the way, I was scared out of my mind before meeting her), we started talking like nothing had happened, and we never grew apart. She talked English because it was not easy for her to switch over to Russian after such a long time, and I was walking beside her, shocked and happy at the same time. We've been this way ever since - and now I see that meeting a friend after a long break mustn't be a shock if friendship is true. If this person is dear to you, and you're dear to him just the same, you'll start talking like you said "Bye" just yesterday. That's what I really feel about it.

P.S. Honestly?
If you ask me, the longest time I'm apart from a dear person began when I was born and it is still going on. Because I'm still waiting for him. And God only knows, what takes us so long to finally meet each other. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий