суббота, 17 января 2015 г.

January, 16 - Toot your horn

Most of us are excellent at being self-deprecating, and are not so good at the opposite. Tell us your favorite thing about yourself.

In a couple of weeks I'm turning 24.
This number, though dividable into 4, 6 and 12, and thus one of my favourite ones, frightens me.
When you come to think of it, it's quite a lot. It's a load of events, different things, happy and miserable moments, rows of people who came and stayed or walked away with the flow of time.

And, what is more important, through all these years I pull someone very peculiar which is myself.

You see, I didn't publish this straightaway and I didn't have any plausible excuse except for one thing: I didn't really know what to write. I can find a dozen of positive things about me which other people might like and appreciate - and I cannot say I'm elated with them at the same extent. It's just me being me without any visible efforts.

But suddenly I found something I like about myself; something I simply adore and admire in myself.
The very thing I hated in myself once.

I'm a geek.

It has hardly anything to do with the most exact definition of this word. Or maybe it has everything to do with it. Sometimes you just have to see or feel something to understand its true sense.

What I like about it?

I like it that there is a whole lot of stories which take a special place in my heart. I'm not one of those guys who prefer reading books than talking to real people, but some characters are like dear people to me. I like it that I can hardly remember my going out of the movie hall without tears in my eyes - on the contrary, I find it really creepy when there's nothing that can move a person AT ALL, especially in the world offering so many wonderful books, films and songs. I like it that sometimes I sing at home pretending that I'm in some kind of a music video or I talk about something just to myself imagining that there is someone who's taking my interview. Or sometimes I imagine taking an interview, and I swear, I could ask a lot of the most curious questions in the world. I like drawing, or rather, copying pictures because when I do, I get great satisfaction, and I wanna look through them some day and remember all the funny stuff that happened to me and that I once liked so much. And though I have a musical ear and long fingers, I suck at playing the piano, but wait for it - when I do, I feel happiest of all, because what I play is shitty and thus unique at the same time; and in my head I play perfectly.

I like it that I have finally accepted a simple fact - I'm nice AND weird.
And all these imaginable moments make me who I really am.
And no matter if all people I know will someday start getting married and having kids and I won't (at the given moment, I mean) - I still hope there's someone for me who will accept all this in me the way I do. 

1 комментарий: