воскресенье, 26 апреля 2015 г.

April, 29 - Second time around

I'm ashamed. I'm really ashamed.
But it's been such a mental month, that... oh, well, here I am.

Tell us about a book you can read again and again without getting bored — what is it that speaks to you?

I'm an English Language and Literature Department graduate, and that means that I once had to read at least half of all books that make those popular "Books you should read before you die" lists. That still causes me problems as it is enormously difficult at times for me to find a great book that would keep me glued to its pages from the beginning till the very end.

However, when I come to think of the books that somehow shifted my conscience, made me think in the full sense of the word, there's one that springs to my mind at once.

It is "Fight Club" by Chuck Palaniuk.

I don't really feel like giving a summary here, for one reason, I'm not good at it, for another, it hardly makes sense. What is more, I don't support the philosophy of the so-called "self-destruction", I'm a rather "self-creation" type.

And still...

There are those moments in life when you would like to see everything around you burning, crashing, disappearing, falling into pieces because you feel so much the same inside.

There are those moments you wish you had your own Tyler who would teach you how to live, maybe not the right way, but the only possible one in everything that surrounds you.

There are those moments indeed when you realize the beauty in some things and characters who, under other circumstances, you would call disgusting.

So far that is one of the few books from my reading list that I've truly never regretted reading.


1 комментарий:

  1. There are those moments you wish you had your own Tyler who would teach you how to live, maybe not the right way, but the only possible one in everything that surrounds you. (с)

    Everyone needs his or her personal Tyler, I guess.
    Right you are.

    ОтветитьУдалить